I have been keeping my vintage She-Ra* action figure close at hand lately as a reminder.
- A reminder that I am stronger than my cravings.
- A reminder that I am more than a number on a scale.
- A reminder not to take things too seriously.
- A reminder that muscles matter.
- And most important, a reminder to strive to be the strong and healthy person my daughter will look up to as a mom, a grown-up, an athlete, a human being.
Four weeks of Dry January. Achievement unlocked.
I don’t know what I will encounter on the scale tomorrow morning. I do know that I have not gotten enough sleep this week and so I am heading to bed early tonight. I also know that whatever tomorrow’s number is, I am damn proud of these four weeks. 28 days without alcohol. 28 days of self-care and self-re-discovery. It has been awesome.
*After posting this on Connect, a kind reader corrected me. This is not, in fact, She-Ra but Teela.